Carter & Son Double Ended Thread Chaser
Meet the perfected thread chaser - a double ended tool uniquely designed for easier, precision thread chasing. Machined from premium M42 high speed steel for the sharpest, strongest edge and sporting a comfortable spherical handle.
What makes a 5-star thread chaser?
- A unique negative rake angle above the teeth for the sharpest cutting edge
- Our "whale tale" design provides added clearance
- A comfortable aluminum handle doesn't get in the way of your threading, but allows for control and maneuverability
- Meticulously machined & polished for smooth movement along the tool rest
- Our double ended design means you economically enjoy a quality thread chaser
- 100% American manufacturing backed by a lifetime guarantee & hassle-free returns
- 16 TPI
- Blade measures 9” long
- Includes spherical handle
- Patent pending
We started with a sharper edge, but we didn't stop there. Vanquish vibration, say adios to constant resharpening, and let wispy shavings fly. Delivering superior performance at your lathe drives our manufacturing.
We’ve worked with M42 high speed steel for decades, and it’s uniquely suited for woodturning. You’ll grind less - a cobalt additive bumps M42’s red hardness off the charts for impressive wear resistance. And the steel produces a finer, sharper edge for clean cuts. M42 is a win-win: less grinding and smoother cuts.
Our M42 starts as solid stock and is precision machined (not formed) with a unique round tang and unmatched strength.
Rigorous and detailed sums up our manufacturing. Each tool’s vibration-demolishing round tang has a diameter so precise you’ll hear a ‘pop’ when you pull it out of the handle. Gouge flutes are meticulously polished for the sharpest edge. And every tool leaves our factory razor sharp and backed by a 100% lifetime guarantee. Built to last!
Rest assured our aluminum handles feel as great as they look. Perfectly weighted for balance and maneuverability, and designed to fit your hand. You’ll forget the handle is even there, in the best way possible. Two set screws secure your tool into the handle and allow removal for sharpening.
From flute polish to handle knurling, we’re not cutting corners. Whether you’re just starting out, or have been turning for decades, it’s an honor to serve you with quality tools.