CBN Wheels 8" Diameter Radius Edge
Choose your grit (above)
1. Diameter = 8 inches
2. Arbor hole = 5/8"
3. Wheel width = 1.5"
• CBN (cubic boron nitride) grinding wheels are State-of-the-Art for grinding high-speed steel tools
• These wheels are designed for use with bench-type grinders. 1800 rpm or 3600 rpm (Lower RPM is recommended)
• Perfect for sharpening Woodturning Tools (high speed steel)
• Provides a superior edge compared to the old stone wheel and never needs to be dressed or redressed
• Balanced – does not require "truing" These wheels will change the way you sharpen forever – Think razor sharp edges. CBN or Cubic Boron Nitride grinding wheels are electroplated and nickel coated. Why? Electroplating offers many advantages over other applications. It creates a more aggressive bond over other applications and will hold a form longer. It also performs a higher stock removal rate and will last for years. They are designed for sharpening high speed steels only and should not be used for other applications. These wheels have a 1.5" face, so they are easy to use and work well with the Oneway Wolverine Sharpening System or the Rikon Sharpening System. The 180-grit wheel puts almost a mirror finish on your edges and makes them "scary sharp.
" The 80-grit wheel whips your tools into the profile you want, and you can even finish grind your tools with it as well as raise a burr for your scrapers. A unique feature of this wheel is the 1/4" radius on the left and right side of the wheel. The radius makes it easy to grind small 1/4" hollowing bits and round scrapers. This eliminates the problem of having to rotate a tool by the handle (in the case of scrapers) and end up over-grinding the tip. This is a very handy feature, and you can hold the small bits and not burn your fingers. You won't find a better wheel at these incredible prices.
Please be advised that due to the width of these wheels in most cases the guards on your grinder may have to be removed. As long as the wheels are properly used as intended this should not cause a problem as they are machined from one solid piece of steel. Buffalo Woodturning products assumes no risk of usage of these wheels and shall not be liable for any damages whether direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential arising out of in connection with the use of, or in connection with these products.
Buffalo Woodturning Products will accept returns for refund or exchange if not happy with the wheels for two weeks from date of purchase. Goods must be in clean re-marketable condition and in the original box. Management reserves the right to determine if goods returned are able to be resold and may at its sole discretion determine if a restocking fee will be charged prior to refund. Return shipping to be paid by purchaser.
We Also Recommend
CrushGrind® Ceramic Knife Sharpener and Honer MakeEdge Pop-Up System