NOVA Chuck Inserts
Teknatool uses an easy and inexpensive insert/adapter system on all insert-style NOVA chucks (except Titan). The inserts are available with a variety of thread patterns on the interior, but all have the same exterior thread to fit all your NOVA chuck(s). Just check the manual of your lathe to find the threading of your headstock spindle and purchase the corresponding adapter. Once the insert is in place, threading the chuck onto your lathe is a simple matter. The insert system also guarantees that you'll still be able to use your NOVA chucks, even if you upgrade or change lathes later. If an insert/adapter is not available to match your lathe, you can have one threaded from a Blank Insert/Adapter (#46298, sold separately). Also see our Chuck Spanner (#49013, sold separately), which is useful for tightening the inserts in place.
- Adapts any NOVA chuck to almost any lathe spindle at low cost.
- All insert-style NOVA chucks (apart from the obsolete Compac chuck) use the same insert/adapter system to ensure maximum adaptability and flexibility for the user.
- Large range of inserts to fit many different popular lathe models (see below).
- Inserts are threaded both inside and out. Outside thread is made to fit into the NOVA Chucks. The inside thread comes in a variety of sizes; the one you need will depend on what lathe you have.
- Note: Directly threaded chucks cannot be adapted to insert-style chucks.
- NOVA Insert/Adapter, 1" - 8-TPI - SKU # - IXNS is designed for Reversible lathes
- NOVA Chuck Insert or Adapter