NOVA Faceplate Rings
Faceplates have always been regarded as a safe and secure holding method for large turnings such as bowls and platters. The only drawback is that they are a slower mounting method when compared to scroll action chucks. Now, however, you can have the best of both worlds! NOVA Faceplate Rings offer the same secure holding power of a faceplate, but you can hold them with your NOVA scroll chuck for the ultimate in speed and convenience. Simply screw the faceplate ring to your turning blank, then secure the ring in your chuck. The faceplate rings are available in three sizes for a wide range of workpiece sizes. The size of your faceplate ring should match the size of the jaws on your Nova chuck.
- Faceplate Rings fit directly into your Teknatool Chuck (matching size of jaws must be mounted on the chuck)
- No need to remove the chuck from your lathe as you would with traditional faceplate mounting
- Fast mounting method for bowl blanks
- Best alternative to Woodworm screw mounting, which is only recommended for smaller bowls
- Can also be used for moderate off-center multi-axis turning
- Faceplate mounting is a strong mounting method, even with irregular sized wood and rough cut surfaces
(1) NOVA Faceplate Ring
- 50mm (2") faceplate ring fits 50mm jaws. Faceplate diameter is 3".
- 100mm (4") faceplate ring fits 100mm jaws. Faceplate diameter is 5".
- 130mm (5") faceplate ring fits 130mm jaws, Faceplate diameter is 6-1/4".
- Brand: NOVA