Oneway Easy-Core Coring System Full Size Lathe Base
Easy-Core Coring System
Coring doesn't have to be a scary, unnerving experience anymore.
The Oneway Easy-Core Coring System utilizes a unique method of supporting the cutting arm during the coring process to make coring an enjoyable and effortless experience for even the novice turner.
Many times woodturners have asked us how coring will benefit them as a turner. Every time we have just one answer: SAVINGS!
Coring (vs hollowing) will save you time, save your energy, save your tools, save your wood, and can save on a huge amount of clean-up!
All these things ultimately SAVE YOU MONEY!
ADVANTAGES OF CORING
- Saves you Time
- Coring is a very time effective method to make a bowl. It is far quicker than hollowing.
- Saves your Energy
- You are not only done faster, but it is also less physically demanding.
- Saves your Tools
- Hollowing out a large bowl can take a large toll on your tools and grinding wheels. Depending on the wood, and the size of the bowl blank, tools can quickly become dull and require constant sharpening. Coring does require the cutter to be sharpened regularly, but the amount of sharpening required per bowl is drastically reduced. The Cutter Sharpening Jig will make sharpening the cutter a breeze and assist in preventing you from removing too much material during the sharpening process. Relatively, the cutter is extremely cheap to replace compared to purchasing new tools and grinding wheels.
- Saves your Wood
- Whether your using a small piece of expensive wood or a log from the wood pile, coring will save your wood. Being able to get several bowls out of one piece is a bowl turners dream come true.
- Saves you Clean-up Duty
- Hollowing a large bowl can produce a staggering amount of shavings and chips. Garbage bags can quickly be filled creating a problem with what to do with the waste. The rapid accumulation of chips on a shop floor can cause a myriad of hazards, often making it necessary to stop and clean up several times before the job is done.
WHAT MAKES THE EASY-CORE CORING SYSTEM DIFFERENT FROM IT'S COMPETITORS?
With the Easy Core Coring System you will be able to achieve the following:
Virtually no vibration. The knife in the Oneway Easy-Core rides on a curved support finger that is moved progressively into the groove as coring progresses.
With the Easy Core, because the knife is totally restrained you can quickly and easily clear chips as often as required.
No catches! The cutter has a very negative nose and a slightly positive top preventing the tool from being pulled into the wood and eliminated the catches.
More bowls from the same blank than traditional coring systems.
The cutter can be easily replaced when required. No need to purchase a whole new expensive tool.
Cutter Sharpening Jig is available to quickly and easily sharpen the cutter.
With this coring system, amateur woodturners can now core bowls like a professional.
The Easy Core system has four optional knife and curved support finger sets available. The largest giving (at most) an 18 inch core. Progressively smaller cores can be removed using all the knives. This system will fit any lathe with a flat bed, and a 16 inch swing up to a lathe with a 26 inch swing.
Please note that each knife will cut a size range of about 2 inches larger or smaller than the listed size. The curve of the knife is fixed but not the position it can be applied.
Each knife is supplied with replaceable HSS CPM M4 cutter that can be sharpened. This is the same steel we use in our mastercut turning tools and will give excellent cutter life.
NEW: We are now offering a Cutter Sharpening Jig to assist in the sharpening of the cutter. This nifty little jig is easy to use and will allow you to quickly sharpen the cutter while maintaining the cutter geometry.
KNIFE SETS SOLD SEPARATELY.
**This item requires an additional freight charge which will be billed separately after ordering.