Rikon Model 70-1420VSR: 14″ x 20″ Midi VSR Lathe (1 Available for In-Store Pickup)
Rikon Model 70-1420VSR: 14″ x 20″ Mini VSR Lathe $1,299.99
• Increased Spindle Height for creating greater diameter spindles, bowls and platters.
• Lathe Bed Has Machined Ends and Front for Adding Extensions to Increase Turning Capabilities
• Powerful 1-1/2 HP DC Motor
• Magnets on Back of the Control Box Allow it to be Placed Anywhere Easily Accessible to Turners for Quick Controlling of the Lathe Speeds or Emergency Stopping.
• Machined Bed and Matching Components give Precise Alignment
• Ball-Bearing Construction for Smooth, Precise Spindle Operation
• Adjustable Locking Handles Keep Components Positioned Securely
• Pivoting Belt Cover for Easy Access when Changing Belt Speeds
• 8” PRO Tool Rest Features Hardened Steel Top Rod to Provide Extra Control of Tools When Turning
14” X 20” VARIABLE SPEED MIDI LATHE 70-1420VSR is the largest benchtop lathe in the RIKON line of machinery. This upgraded model gives woodturners increased spindle-to-bed height so that larger diameter work can be done. The addition of 3 machined surfaces to mount optional extensions increase the working dimensions even further. Use the headstock’s outboard threaded spindle and optional 13-1/2” Extension (70-903) to add 4” of extra turning diameter capacity.
Mount this same extension to the front of the lathe bed, and with the remounted tool rest the outside edges or backs of bowls and platters can be safely turned. Lastly, the right bed end of the lathe is machined to attach the optional 13-1/2” or the longer 24” extension (70-904), for increasing the working distance from 20” to 44” for spindles.
|Horsepower||1 1/2 HP TEFC|
|Volts||115V, 1 PH|
|Direction||Forward (C-Clockwise) & Reverse (Clockwise)|
|Number of Speeds||3|
|Ranges||150-720 / 550-1,650 / 1,300-3,850 RPM|
|Swing Over Bed||14” (355.6 mm)|
|Swing Over Tool Rest||10-5/8” (268.732 mm)|
|Working Distance Between Centers||20” (508 mm)|
|Tool Rest Post Diameter||1” (25.4 mm)|
|Spindle Nose Inch x TPI||1-1/4” x 8 TPI|
|Ram Travel||4″ (101.6 mm)|
|Length||43-3/8” (1101 mm)|
|Width||17-3/8” (441 mm)|
|Height||18-1/4″ (463 mm)|
|Base Size||36-3/4” x 8-3/8” (933.45 x 212. mm)|
|Net Weight||137 lbs (62 kg)|
|Bottom of base to spindle||15-9/32” (388mm)|
13-1/2” Bed Extension for 70-150VSR
- For use with 70-150VSR, 70-220VSR, & 70-1420VSR
- Made of heavy cast iron
- Machined bed matches the 70-150VSR lathe for easy sliding of the tailstock for long spindles
24" Bed Extension for 70-1420VSR
Universal Stand for Mini and MIDI Lathes
- Steel stand fits variety of mini and midi lathe models
- Length adjusts from 23-1/2″ to 37-1/4″
- Working height adjusts from 24-1/2″ to 34-1/2″ height from the ground
- Top plates with pre-bored mounting holes measures 6-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
Lathe Stand Extension for 70-910, 70-920
- For use with 70-910, 70-920
- Sturdy tubular steel design
- Powder coat finish
- Extends 70-910 stand to 63-3/4-Inch
Shipped to our store for local pick-up is free.
Shipping to the contiguous lower 48 states is $200.00 and will be billed when the lathe ships to your home.