NOVA SuperNOVA 2 Insert Chuck
The SuperNOVA 2 is a solid, powerful chuck, perfect for use on lathes with up to a 20" swing. It's an excellent, all-purpose geared chuck, suitable for a majority of users, and is packed with exciting, innovative features such as a fully sealed composite indexing backing plate and copper - infused jaw slides. Its patented gearing system delivers incredible gripping power. You'll find yourself turning longer, more delicate stems, as well as larger, rougher work that was difficult to handle before. The SuperNOVA 2 requires only one hand to operate. Using a ball-nosed hex wrench with a large handle, its easy to tighten. This is an insert chuck, and requires you to purchase a dedicated Insert/Adapter for mounting on your lathe. Includes a set of 2" (50mm) jaws.
Features of the SuperNOVA2 Insert Chuck:
- Fully sealed composite indexing backing plate. Made from ultra tough Duracon composite, reinforced with stranded glass fibers for extremely long life in tough conditions.
- Self-lubricating properties.
- Unique indexing function built into backing plate.
- Holographic sticker for NOVA authenticity.
- Powerful geared grip with Tuff Lock™ Technology delivers incredible smooth, solid, vibration-free clamping.
- Single-handed operation for fast, convenient mounting.
- Captured pinion and ball-nose Allen key with large, easy grip handle.
- Body made from precision machined 1045 high-tensile steel.
- Able to take all NOVA accessory jaws (except Titan Power grip, which is specially designed for the Titan Chuck).
Features standard on all Nova chucks:
- All NOVA chucks are four-jaw, self centering scroll chucks for fast, secure setups.
- The four jaw design firmly grips both round and square wood.
- Quality materials.
- Precision machined in one operation from a solid steel block for optimal accuracy.
- Polished self metal finish to allow for closer tolerances and accuracy.
- Common accessory jaw fixing profile - compatible across all NOVA chucks and accessories.
- Jaw slides made from high-tech copper fused steel for maximum hardness, wear, and self-lubricating properties.
- Special woodturning dovetail profile on jaws.
- Auto safety stop feature - jaw slides can't protrude past the chuck body.
- Comprehensive instructions.
- Common insert/adaptor fitting is compatible across all NOVA chucks.
- Safe Lock™ Woodworm screw included for fast mounting of rough timbers.
- 2-Year Warranty.
(1) Nova SuperNOVA 2 Insert Chuck
(1) Set of 2" (50mm) jaws (not included with Chuck Body only)
(1) Hex wrench with soft plastic grip
(1) Set of instructions
(1) Safe Lock™ woodworm screw
(1) Display/storage box
- Recommended for power workholding on lathes from 350mm (14") to 508mm (20") diameter swing.
- Holds up to 310mm/12" bowl (using standard 50mm jaws).
- Holds up to 150mm/6" length x 10mm/4" diameter (using standard 50mm jaws).
- Holds up to 736mm/29" diameter bowls using PowerGrip™ accessory jaws (sold separately).
- Holds up to 482mm/19" length spigots using PowerGrip™ accessory jaws (sold separately).
- 24 division index built into the backing plate design.
- Brand: NOVA
- NOVA SKU Number: 23055 w/50mm Jaws
- NOVA SKU Number 23067 Chuck Body Only
- Weight (lbs): 9.1500