Nova Voyager DVR Drill Press
NOVA Voyager DVR Drill Press
**This product is currently on back-order requires approximately 8 days for shipping from the day it is stateside. Estimated for July 2022.
A first-of-its-kind ''smart drill press'' with an onboard computer, digital controls, and a smooth, quiet direct-drive motor.
The NOVA Voyager DVR Drill Press is the world's first smart drill press, featuring an incredibly smooth-running direct-drive motor that is controlled by a sophisticated microcomputer and digital screen with push-button controls. The computer features DVR (Digital Variable Reluctance) technology, which automatically adjusts and maintains the speed and power of the machine based on resistance. That, coupled with the fact that the Voyager's motor has NO belts or pulleys, results in a machine that is incredibly smooth and quiet. The computer also optimizes efficiency so that the motor only draws as much power as is needed, saving up to 50% in energy usage over conventional motors. With its 1-3/4 HP high torque motor, cast iron construction, exceptional structural strength and smart design, the NOVA Voyager has the power and capacity to handle nearly any drilling operation with ease.
- Easy-to-use variable speed controls with digital speed readout and dial for precise speed adjustment
- Variable speed range from 50-5500 RPM (default RPM is 50-3000, with option in settings to increase the maximum to 5500)
- Sensors for drilling depth, motor load and vibration provide ease-of-use and real-time feedback to the user
- Powerful 1.75HP motor handles wood, metal, plastic and glass
- Direct drive motor is incredibly smooth with no pulleys or belts to vibrate
- Intelligent speed selection ensures the correct speed for the application
- 6'' of quill travel with 2 revolutions of the handle
- Adjustable mechanical stop coupled with digital readout for accurate, repeatable drilling
- Adaptive Control software is updatable via thumb-drive
- Screen is customizable for metric or imperial measurements
- Forward and reverse
- Slow start pilot hole function
- Tapping assist function
- Electronic braking
- Load readout
- Digital quill depth readout
- Must be shipped within 48 Contiguous states.
*We collect a $100.00 deposit when we place the order and bill the balance when it ships to your home.
** There is a $50.00 shipping charge which will be billed when it ships.
NOVA Standard Warranty: 24 months
(1) NOVA Voyager DVR Drill Press
(1) Drill Chuck
(1) Hardware/Fastenings Pack
(1) Owner's Manual
Drill Press Accessories
(1) Drill Press Fence Accessory - Sold separately - $69.99
(1) Magnetic Base LED Lamp - Sold separately - $52.99
- Swing: 18''
- Spindle Travel: 6''
- Number of Spindle Speeds: Variable
- Speed Range: 50-3000 RPM (with option in settings to increase to 5500 RPM)
- Spindle Taper: MT2
- Spindle Distance to Table: 23-1/8'' (587mm) maximum
- Spindle Distance to Base: 40-15/16'' (1040mm)
- Table Dimensions: 16 1/2''L x 16.1/2''W (419mm x 419mm)
- Table Tilt: -45° to +45°
- Table Rotation: 360°
- Chuck Size: 5/8'' (3-16mm)
- Column Diameter: 3-5/8'' (92mm)
- Base Dimensions: 22-1/4''L x 17-1/2''W (565mm x 445mm)
- Motor Power: 1.75HP (1250W)
- Motor Voltage: 115/230V Single-phase
- Motor Current: 15/10A max.
- Brand: NOVA
- NOVA SKU: 58000
- Weight (lbs): 306
We Also Recommend
Nova 1624 II Wood Lathe With Available Optional DVR 1624 Package Drive Upgrade Motor (Choose Options Below)